Terms & Conditions
Competition Terms & Conditions:
Opening date: Monday 5 September 2011 at 4pm
Closing date: Wednesday 29 February 2012 at midnight
Shortlisted entries notified by: Monday 2 April 2012
Winner to be notified by: Tuesday 10 April 2012
- Videos that are entered into the competition that meet our Terms and Conditions will be posted on the Breathe the Beat website.
- Once the competition closes, a panel of judges, including Salah, will select a shortlist of 30 videos. This will include the most popular video (as judged by the number of “Likes” on the Breathe the Beat website).
- Salah will then select the winning entry from the shortlist. The entries will be judged on the following criteria: creativity, originality, performance quality, popularity (on the Breathe the Beat website, YouTube and Facebook), and how the entry has incorporated elements from Salah’s tutorials.
- Throughout the competition, there will be a number of mini-competitions, that will run on Facebook and the Breathe the Beat website, which will be judged purely on popularity (numbers of “Likes” and “Comments”).
A trip for the winner and one other person (the “Prize Participants”) to watch Salah perform live. The prize includes the following:
- 2 tickets to a show in which Salah is performing live;
- 2 nights’ accommodation at a 2-star hotel for 2 people (double or twin room);
- return travel for 2 people to the city of the performance;
- an opportunity to meet with Salah
- a personalized video critique of the competition entry video
- The show will be chosen by DanceXchange in consultation with the winner subject to when and where Salah is performing and where the Prize Participant resides
- If under 18, the winner must be accompanied by an adult for the duration of the trip
- The Prize does not include insurance, which should be arranged by the parent/guardian at their own discretion
- The Parent/Guardian is responsible for ensuring that Prize Participant holds a valid passport and any documents (such as a visas) or other necessary travel documentation for the trip
- Prize Participants are solely responsible for all additional costs and expenses associated with claiming the prize
- Publicity photographs may be taken at the show and, by attending, Prize Participants permit us to use their image and any recordings in which they appear in all media, worldwide in perpetuity
- Prize Participants will be required to sign a release
- In the case it is not possible to negotiate a performance date with the Prize Participant before the end of September 2012; the prize will be exchanged for £500 cash.
- In the event of a group entry winning the competition, the prize will be exchanged for £500 cash.
The most popular video (as judged by the number of “Likes” on the Breathe the Beat website) will receive a bundle of Breathe the Beat merchandise, signed by Salah, as well as a personalized critique of the competition entry video.
The regular popularity based competitions will have prizes including tshirts and other merchandise.
Performing Live at a Breathe the Beat Event
- Breathe the Beat will also be choosing a selection of people to perform at Breathe the Beat roadshows taking place across the West Midlands, UK between April and September 2012. By ticking the entry box, you agree that you are willing to perform at the roadshows. Chosen acts will be contacted after the closing date in order to negotiate dates and locations.
- Our selection will be based on the same criteria as the main prize.
- Performance at the roadshows is voluntary, and no fee or expenses will be paid.
General Terms & Conditions
- Whilst submissions with any music soundtrack will be accepted, only videos using one of the five downloadable Breathe the Beat music tracks provided on the competition page can be guaranteed for entry into the competition. Please consult YouTube’s Terms of Service before you upload your video as we accept no responsibility if your video is removed from YouTube due to the music choice.
- If your video is removed, all voting history will be lost permanently.
- All videos submitted will be moderated to ensure the content is appropriate – e.g. no bad language, nudity or inappropriate behaviour will be accepted. Video entries that are clearly inappropriate will not be uploaded or entered.
- Only video submissions written in English, and with English lyrics (or no lyrics) will be accepted.
- We reserve the right to remove unsuitable competition entries at any time.
- Competition entry videos will be posted on the Breathe the Beat website from YouTube by our moderator, so may not appear on the website straight away after you have submitted your entry.
- Breathe the Beat cannot guarantee that all videos submitted will be posted on the Breathe the Beat website.
- Young people aged under 18 years old must get permission from their parent or guardian before submitting a video to the competition.
- An individual can submit an unlimited number of entries, but only one will be considered for the shortlist.
- A group can submit an unlimited number of entries, but only one will be considered for the shortlist.
- An individual who enters both a solo and group entry, will be considered for the shortlist once for each category.
- A selection panel will decide the winner of the overall competition. Winning entries will be selected based on the following criteria: Creativity, Originality and Performance Quality.
- The winning entry will receive one prize (e.g. one group will receive one prize between them)
- Those selected to perform at a live Breathe the Beat event will be responsible for organising and paying for their own travel and accommodation.
- Young people under 18 years who are selected to perform at a live Breathe the Beat event must be accompanied by a chaperone.
- Employees of DanceXchange, Dancefest, Dancescape, Dudley Performing Arts and Pro-create and their families are prohibited from entering the competition.